We are pleased to announce the following tutorials:
- de.NBI showcase: Combining Workflows, Tools and Data Management (Wolfgang Müller, HITS gGMBH + 2 University partners + 1 research institute)
- Getting started with the de.NBI Cloud (Alexander Sczyrba, Bielefeld University)
- SeqAn3 – a modern C++ library for efficient sequence analysis (René Rahn, Free University Berlin)
- Interactive data exploration with R/LinkedCharts (Simon Anders, University of Heidelberg)
- Fundamentals of alignment free sequence analysis: k-mer hashing (Sven Rahmann, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg-Essen)
- Using MOFA for integration of omics data (Ricard Argelaguet, EMBL)
and a workshop on:
- Integrating computational meta-omics for microbiome research (Thilo Muth, Robert Koch Institute)
The 2019 edition of the German Conference on Bioinformatics (GCB2019) will take place in Heidelberg 16-19 September 2019 (https://gcb2019.de/). It will bring together a large bioinformatics community from Germany and abroad, with around 250-300 attendees expected. This year’s conference will focus in particular on topics of medical informatics and computational approaches in disease.
The first day (Monday, September 16th) will be dedicated to workshops and tutorials. Tutorials will be the opportunity to organize small scale events with hands-on approaches related to the topics of the main conference, featuring a new computational tool or method for example. Workshops should be centered around a current hot topic, providing the chance to exchange ideas through written/oral contribution.